Saturday, May 02, 2009

FAN: Foote Wants New Shoe


Looks like Larry Foote's days are numbered in Pittsburgh as another solid linebacker gives way to youth and talent. I'm not sure I agree with his reasons, but the only linebacker I've ever missed after leaving was Hardy Nickerson. Harrison, Farrior, Timmons and Woodley will make offenses cringe but what about depth? What about the chance to repeat? What if we ship him to a 4-12 team? Would he rather have more playing time there or be a valuable role player on a perrenial contender? I guess we already know the answer to that since he asked to be traded or released. Weird. But, whatever.

2 comments:

stilladog said...

If he wants a new shoe, give him the boot.

He got his rings. He wants a big payday before he's totally washed up and he knows that ain't coming in Pittsburgh.

Time for us all to turn the page to the next chapter.

Three said...

Yeah, gotta agree with Stilladog.

But you know, I sometimes wonder what I'd do in such a position. I mean, how many millions do you need? Personally, I think I'd stick around on the Steelers, maybe take a pay cut or what have you, as long as it wasn't completely insane. For me, playing for a scrub team, even if it is for loads of cash, would piss me off to no end. I'd take the wins and that feeling of victory after a SB win over the cash.