
I'm so confused about the Roethlisberger incident. SI.com is now running a story that the police are no longer seeking Roethlisberger's DNA. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. All I know is, on the surface it sounds good for Ben. As Still A While said who tipped me, he is one lucky bastard if this eventually goes away. I happen to be firmly in Stilladog's corner with his prdering of events. Something happened that was consentual, it ended badly, she was drunk and/or embarassed and her friends convinced her something really bad happened or she didn't want to be seen as some celebrity bopper.
That's my guess and nothing more. I stand by my statements made here and on That's Church's website that if he is found guilty I will come down on him hard. If not, I chalk it up to I don't know what. I want to believe him and I want to like him but reading everything that I've read recently - it's hard to find any positives. John Steigerwald's post really paints him poorly and that's from a Pittsburgh journalist.
So, I don't think it means much since he admitted to sexual contact so we'll still wait and see. If no charges are filed, or charges are filed and he's innocent - what do we have? We have a QB who wins and is apparently a jerk. Is that bad? I don't know. Rex Grossman is prbably a swell guy, but he can't play football. If Ben sexually assaulted that girl, the game changes. I'm saying what if he didn't. I can live with a hard partying QB who wins even if he is a tool, and I'm not calling him a tool. I personally know someone who was at the PNH video shoot which starred Ben a few years ago. He told me the next time I saw him that he was an @$$hole, but I chose not to believe it because the guy isn't a Steeler's fan.
If he is only guilty of being a jerk, suit him up and thorw him out there. I tend to believe most pro athletes probably are and they only change when the cameras are on them and they do charity not because they really want to but because they feel pressure to. Of course that isn't true of everyone, but I bet for every Troy, there are 25 jerkoffs. If our jerkoff can win two more Super Bowls, I'll keep him.
6 comments:
I posit that the jerkoff to nice guy ration of 25:1 merely reflects the talent pool of 21-39 year old men.
I told you my version of the story a few posts back and I'm sticking to it. Mixing a gallon of alcohol with 2 cups of young libidos, and throw in a heaping tablespoon of NFL QB ego, then leave it in a nightclub past midinight... well nothing good is going to come from that recipe.
Fan, where did you find the "earliest known photograph of Ben Roethlisberger" that you used for this post? Please don't say it was scraped from a sheet in a Nevada hotel.
More news on Ben today in the Trib:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_673293.html
This is excellent fodder for John Grishams next book!
After reading that trib article I'm going put my headphones on and listen to The Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk To Fuck... all afternoon!
Last report I saw said that the girl had her fake ID confiscated by the place two weeks prior, and that she was not drinking. If that's true, it takes away the stumbling drunk excuse.
Seems that everyone agrees that they were getting busy in some way. DNA can't prove whether there was consent or not.
I just hope this moves toward resolution soon, but I'm afraid it's going to hang over the team this season... which sucks.
I can't judge Ben. Is he a jerk or not? Who knows. I certainly don't put much into what some disgruntled Raven's fan says online or what the idiots at ESPN say. What gives them the right to comment? Were they there that night? Like everyone Ben has good and bad in him. Steve McNair did alot of good for the community, unfortunately he also made a dumb decision that cost him his life. What makes me laugh is because Ben has been accused twice now, people automatically have him guilty and are making statements that he lives recklessly. Give me a break. Ben's motorcycle accident has nothing to do with the sexual assault accusations! I don't think he is living any more recklessly than any other guy his age that is a millionaire two-time Super Bowl winning Quarterback of the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers. If Ben was Favre's age and hanging in a club, then I would think it was odd, but a just turned 28 year-old single rich celebrity celebrating his birthday in a club with some females...what's so odd about that?
Is Ben guilty? Once again who knows. I'll wait and see what the actual evidence proves before I form a true opinion. Ask me and there is probably a little truth on both sides. If it was consentual and I assume it was, she will have no ground to stand on. Anyway you look at it Ben was stupid to put himself in that position so I blame nobody but him. Regardless of what happens with this case, I'm afraid that the damage is already done for the Steelers and for Ben.
Post a Comment