Saturday, July 17, 2010

FAN: Fin

BEFORE



AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER









I painted the ceiling the last weekend in February and I still haven't put on the new doorknob. It's so hard to find the time to do things, I understand why people pay people to do things for them. This was a major project but I'm happy with the results, the shower doesn't leak and it only cost me about $3,500 instead of $11,000. Would it have looked better if a pro did it? Of course! More than $7,000 better? I think.........not.

10 comments:

stilladog said...

Very nice! What are you going to do with the spare 7 grand??

My favorite feature? The magazine rack next to the porcelain convenience.

Notice folks, for the photo there is what looks like a Time magazine or something in there. Trust me, once the new doorknobs with new locks are installed there will be a few magazines best known for their centerfold shots stored in there!

sill a sis said...

Nice job - I love the tile job in the shower! And love the floor tile too. I'm feeling inspired to tackle my bathroom.

bluzdude said...

Wow... just... Wow.

Love the tiling...

If I had a bathroom like that, Pinky might never see me again.

still a dad said...

Nice!......very nice.

Still A. Fan said...

@dog, that's a Fast Company...but I hear you. that wont occur in there until i get an ipad that streams redtube.

@sis, the floor is natural slate. peaks, valleys, cliffs, very hard to sponge. very hard to cut. VERY heavy.

@bluz, hey man, for 200 odd hours, you can have it. or $12k.

@dad, thanks again for helping with the shower membrane!

stilladog said...

An iPad that streams RedTube for 7 grand.... mmmmmm OK.

Still A. While said...

That is awesome - great job. But what kind of pants were you wearing when you took the sink shot? Leopard?

Anonymous said...

Very impressed. But it looks like you dry walled over the doorway so nobody can get in. Probably better that way; it won't get messed up.

Still an unc said...

Nice job Todd, but why is the roll of toilet paper on the holder upside down? still an unc

Still A. Fan said...

@while

those, my dear, are scooby doo boxers

@unc

which came first, chicken or egg