
I'm a huge fan of the movie, Ice Age. It had a great story, a great mix of characters and some very memorable lines: "hey - lord of the fire, your tail's on fire", "where's the baby, where's the baby...THERE he is". I've seen it countless times which means it passes my test as a good movie. If my daughter wants to watch a movie that I don't care for, I reach for a book or the laptop. If she chooses one that holds up after several viewings....I'm all in. We went to see Ice Age 2: The Meltdown today and even though I had a few good belly laughs, it just wasn't the same. It really had the feel of a story that didn't need to be told. I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone, so I'll just say most of the belly laughs were from physical comedy....not the dialogue. It was missing the creativity of the DoDo birds in the original and the educated humor "hey, let's play extinction", "KIDS, get OUT of that tar pit". Here it is 2 hours after I've seen the movie and I can't think of one memorable line from part 2. Oh well, it rained here today so it was a good afternoon to unwind at the movies. I like to see movies when they first come out and the theater is crowded. The kids in attendance sure enjoyed it - lots of laughing, but like I said - it was mostly at Sid getting hit in the head and Scrat trying to get the acorn.
1 comment:
Great post.
If you’re looking for quick, healthy weight loss please visit Natural Weight Loss
Post a Comment