Sunday, November 19, 2006

Steelers Stay Somewhat Alive

Wow. Another game right down to the wire. Why is it that I always get the feeling this year that they don't start playing their best ball until they realize they have to? There always seems to be a mad push at the end of games to get back in it or stay ahead. Ben's picks again weren't that worrisome as one was a tip and another hit Hines in the gut and came back out. Did you catch when Steve Tasker claimed after Ward caught a critical 3rd down pass within the last 4 minutes of the game that "you have to trust Ward in that situation because he is the one player that will never...EVER fumble when the game is on the line". Maybe he didn't catch the game when Hines fumbled on the 1 inch line and killed another late game comeback attempt? I don't have a ton of comments on this game. With the exception of the Chiefs game, we're really pushing the envelope on every game. I would LOVE to sit down and watch a spanking some weekend soon where I don't have to sit on the edge of my seat as the game is coming to a close. I'll update the playoff situation tomorrow.

1 comment:

stilladog said...

And this weekend would be the perfect time to lay a severe ass-whipping on the Shitbirds.

I am sick of their fans bitching about having to fork over their dough for playoff tickets already! Seems silly to me to be bitching about your team preparing for the playoffs going into the 11th week but...

I understand. The Ravens keep their money even if there are no home playoff games in Baltimore this season! They apply the money to next years season ticket price. Meanwhile the team keeps the money and it's associated interest.

I'm not sure if this is the standard procedure among all NFL teams or not. But the Ravens sure have laid the groundwork for building fan loyalty, haven't they? If it wasn't for Ebay I'm sure some of their fans would just feel rectally invaded by their team. And Billick wonders why Raven fans sell their Steeler game tickets to Pittsburgh fans at a premium. He might understand football but he and the whole organization needs a course in loyalty and economics.

Here we go...!!