Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voting Thoughts


Voting is such a joke. Forgetting that you don't need ID to vote, I had mine in my hand this morning when I went to sign in. I was told I didn't need it. Curious, I asked "what if I'm not who I say I am?". I was told they have my signature and can check it. The kid is like 18! What if a proactive group determined a group of people that aren't voting and "bought" their votes by sending in cronies to vote for them. Their age, race....can be different! All they have is a signature to check. For God's sake, I need photo ID to buy Claritin-D at CVS! Hrumph. Coming from a QA point of view - the process has holes in it. Anyway - I guess Lynn Swann conceded my district or didn't have good help. Rendell had a sign every 10 feet from the parking lot to the entrance of the building and someone greeting me. I saw exactly 2 Swann signs,making the comparison about 30-2. Strange. While PA usually goes democratic - the few counties surrounding where I live sometimes go GOP. Maybe they had to concentrate all of their attention on only the very closest districts?

1 comment:

stilladog said...

Vote!

In many places it is fashionable to follow the old Mayor Daley philosophy "Vote early and vote often."

JFK won the presidency using this technique. And there is circumstantial speculation that turning his back on Illinois after it delivered the presidency may have cost him and his brother their lives!

If there is no candidate or issue you wish to vote for then cast a vote against them, but vote.

A lot of good men gave their lives, and others their body parts, so we can maintain our right to vote. Failure to cast a ballot in a free election (whether it is administered fraudulently or not) is spitting in the face of brave Americans.

Too bad Franco is not running instead of his buddy Swann. The PA governors race for Swann looks like 4th and 10 from your own 40, down by 1, no timeouts, with :22 on the clock. And we all know Franco is the only one who can pull out a victory under those circumstances.