Thursday, March 15, 2007

Grace, With Egg On Your Face

I don't care how many times I watch this clip, I laugh harder each and every time. Maybe that's why I still enjoy America's Funniest Videos every once in a while. If you need cheered up, there is nothing like watching another human being fall. The funniest one I ever saw in person was at Lollapalooza the year Primus and Alice In Chains played. My friend and I were just dog tired after being there all day in 105 degree heat. We went to see Alice more than Primus and after they finished, we only listened to two Primus songs before we walked out to the parking lot. We could still hear, just not see. We had to wait on his 15-year-old niece and her friend so we grabbed a seat on a wall lining a lot and just watched people. it was late and dark. There was one of those real thick chains draped across the entrance to the lot we were sitting in. It was about shin high in the middle. We watched as close to 100 people almost fell, but saw it at the last second and stepped over it. Finally we saw our stooge. He was youngish and his entire look just screamed that he needed to be knocked down a peg or two. As he approached the chain we anticipated him not seeing it in time. As his front foot landed on it and he started to move forward, his back leg got tangled and kind of pulled him back. As he started to fall I swear our eyes locked as I started to smile. Instead of just falling he fought it hard making it look even worse. It must suck to fall down in front of probably 50-75 people....especially when half of them are drunk and laughing at you. We laughed about that the rest of the night and decided that as we pushed the age limit, an evening of watching people battle a chain was almost as amusing as watching Alice In Chains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not as funny as seeing someone fall on their face, but remember seeing Brian Johnson drop the mic after swinging out over the stage riding a wrecking ball during the intro to Ballbreaker? And then watching as he wildly gestured and mouthed "put me down!".