Thursday, March 01, 2007

Steelers Team Doctor Questioned About Growth Hormones

Richard A. Rydze, the Steeler's team doctor, was interviewed about why he put $115,000 worth of growth hormones on his personal credit card. The drugs have a street value of over $450,000. He has broken no law (so far) and has been told he's not under investigation. No matter what happens - it doesn't look good for the organization to have to answer all of these questions. It wasn't that long ago that Jim Haslett said in an interview that the 70's Steelers started the steroid craze in the NFL. Of course other players and the Rooneys condemned the remark and he kind of took it back, but the deceased Steve Courson was open about using during his tenure. If he was using it for his other patients, why not buy it through different channels? If it wasn't Steelers who were using it, could it have been other NFL people who had a line of contact to him through a player? From what I've read, this guy isn't with the team like a trainer is - he is usually only with them on game day. If he's using them himself, they don't work, I've seen pictures.

1 comment:

stilladog said...

Count up the dead Steelers who died before age 60 in the last 10 or so years. That'll tell you all you need to know about the alleged steroid use of the Steelers of the 70s. Mansfield, Webster, and Courson come immediately to mind and poor "Jefferson Street" Joe Gilliam, steroids weren't the drug that killed him but...

Yeah I know Courson died trying to save his dog. But he damn near died from steroids years before that and I know people in Uniontown he told that to.

I watched Jon Kolb bulk up grotesquely to the point he was the strongest man in the NFL. Watched Larry Brown go from a tall thin TE to a mighty monster of a RT in 2 short years.

You don't believe the Dog cutting through the crap yet again? Then take a look at the Steelers chief rival of that time, the Oakland Raiders. Matuszak, dead, Alzado, dead.

I rest my case.

Don't know anything about this Dr. Maybe he had a bunch of geriatric patients that needed HGH? Or had a pack of lesbians in dire need of some testosterone? I'm just sayin'...