Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Cheerleaders?


As I woke up Saturday morning around 6 AM at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos, I reached for the remote to watch some Olympic coverage before the rest of the family woke up. What I saw was ridiculous. Cheerleaders at a volleyball match. Weird. Standing there...just watching...clapping..... It looked very out of place. Watching the opening ceremonies it seemed like there were about 1,000 cheerleaders. I thought it was just for the opening. Not so. How far will they take it? Will they show up for say, Discus? Archery? I checked out some men's Badminton but didn't see any. Those guys were sick. I could barely see the shuttlecock it was moving so fast. I tend to think of badminton as a lazy backyard endeavor, not a fast paced Olympic sport. I was glad to get home to watch some of the coverage in HD. What a difference. When the swimmers crash the wall and they go to the underwater shots it's crazy clear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I think ridiculous, I think of the prices for food inside Great Wolf Lodge.

Still A. Fan said...

yeah, for the three of us it was $80 for dinner (but it was good) and $40 for breakfast (but it was good). we ate lunch at the snackbar inside the park and i refused to pay those prices. i bought 1 $10 combo meal of chicken tenders and we split it and ate when we got home! when we added up the 24 hours we were there, it was more than 1 day at disney at the wilderness lodge which is crazy. thing is, princess loved it and she has so much fun there. i like seeing her have a good time.....yes, i'm a sucker.

Anonymous said...

I'm also a sucker many times over because the boys love that place. We've been 3 or 4 times. We just had to get smarter about it and bring our own food. Their food is good - but it's not worth the excessive price.

stilladog said...

Guess that explains why I didn't see you at the mud bog quad-races at the Dawson Grange Fair this weekend then.

As for the cheerleaders they have been paid by the state to pull off their tops for the cameras to divert the attention of Western viewers should any more people be murdered in China during the games. Keep your eyes on the your sets ladies and gentlemen. If this is true, I'm pretty certain some Asian boob-flesh will be forthcoming.