
You know, I thought Barack Obama was supposed to be a smooth dynamic speaker. Well, he may be when delivering a speech that he has memorized and has delivered it 100 times before....but off the cuff at the first debate, I was shocked. He stammered and stuttered and sometimes sounded like a motorboat trying to start. I thought McCain was going to look old a feeble compared to the vibrant Obama but I couldn't have been more wrong. I saw McCain's speech at the convention and I cringed about what would happen come debate time. I cringe no more. I am voting for McCain as my political slider is more to the right than the left. The Bush administration got away from the core Republican beliefs that I tend to side with about taxes and spending. I triust McCain to bring that wagon back around, not Obama to add more spending to it. I always say to throw away the 20% fanatical ends of the political spectrum. That leaves 60% in the middle from 21 Left to 79 right with 50 in the middle. My gauge is pinned at about 67 these days. People like to talk about Palin's lack of experience because she's the governor of an "insignificant" state. Hmmmm, was Bill Clinton the governor of New York, Pennsylvania or California? I didn't think so....and he wasn't even the VP candidate.
1 comment:
I will alway have a place in my heart for Obama for keeping that Banshee From The Bowels of Hell, Hillary Clinton, off the ticket. What a great service to the country that was!
But that doesn't give me enough to think he's suited for the Presidency. Not now anyway.
So it's Grandpa & the Hottie for me too.
Post a Comment