Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fast Food Slant


So I worked from home today. Busier than if I was in the office, but with fewer interruptions. At lunch I took my shirts to the cleaners and planned on driving thru at Mickey D's and picking up some grub. The girl at the cleaners mentioned that she usually doesn't see me during the week. I told her my plan for the day and what I was doing for lunch. It was at that point that she told me she was in school to be a nutritionist. Then came the pain.... You know what? I'm a pretty smart guy, I know McD's isn't the healthiest stuff on the planet. I accept that. As long as I'm accepting that, I'd like to accept any other challenge from guys my age who don't eat at McD's to put their blood pressure, blood work, or anything else up against mine. I also saw Fast Food Nation was on a movie channel last weekend. I could only watch five minutes of it, because I just don't care. Still A Sis really doesn't even need to comment on this one because I know how she rolls. There are those out there that truly believe if you read the book Fast Food Nation you won't go to McDonald's any longer. Well, I have a half mile commute or less...and a hankering for some fried moo flesh and a shake (made out of what, I don't even know). You see, it is my belief that the folks who feel that way, must think that when they go to an Outback, T.G.I Fridays or even a Ruth Chris'......that those cows must have access to jacuzzis, massages, Euro shampoos and all the grilled salmon they can eat. When it's their "time", they are lead into a bedroom covered with rose petals and candles where they are blindfolded and moosturbated to death by an exterminator of the opposite sex. No. Stop it! You're kidding yourself. They are in a line, right next to the dude holding a one way plane ticket to McDonald Land. See, I don't care how the cow was killed. When it comes to my food which I so enjoy, it's all about the destination, not the journey. To get an original Chic-Fil-A sandwich, if you have to hang a cute little chickie upside down on a live battery cable while spraying it with water...I'm OK with that. I don't want to be there. I don't want to flip the switch to move the line. But I can accept that that's how I'm getting my chicken sambo. If there is a more humane way to slaughter the amount of cows needed to fill our fast food places, by all means do it and sell them at "Humane Hamburgers" and charge $1 more for them. Me? I'm going to McDonald's.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard the McDonalds employees like to take turns spitting on your food because you refused to return some fries after one of your Apple Dippers incidents.

stilladog said...

It's a wonder McDonalds serves you at all. You've had a number of "incidents" with them have you not?

Is it not true you bought a new car so as not to be detected by McDonalds security at the drive-thru?

Far as the nutrition goes, if it tastes good to you, buy it and eat it. You gonna die some day (and there ain't a cow gonna care how it happens). Might as well enjoy the journey until then.

Anonymous said...

They don't care about what the car looks like. They just know to watch our for a guy that looks like a white Martin Lawrence.

Still A. While said...

This whole clip is hilarious but if you dont want to listen to the whole thing start it at about 3:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk_xq94rjUY

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...I'm worthy of a mention in this post. How flattering!

I have nothing against fast food...I ate at BK last week in fact. I just don't like the food. Anymore. I used to. A lot. I still do, on very rare occasion, and my stomach almost always revolts, so I regret it every time. I'm getting old. And I don't exercise like you!

Besides, my mature taste buds now crave better-tasting things (in my opinion) that aren't good for me, like Dunkin' Donuts.