That's a picture of my new mug at work - no more cups. We're going green baby, and you can't stop us. I do have a question, though. If 71 percent of the Earth's surface is water, why aren't we going Blue? Did green have better marketing?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
4 comments:
hmmm
Maybe because the water isn't always blue. It could be brown, or green or even rust colored depending on where you are.
I went on a canoe trip down the Youghiogheny river a few years ago and in some parts the water was so clear you could see all the tires at the bottom!
But being as blue is my favorite color I would have preferred that.
According to the Department of Energy, 78% of the earth is covered by water today, not 71%. This 7% rise, presumably due to global warming, is perhaps the reason they're going green at your work?
@ While- You obviously were in they Yough above Adelaide. Below the campground at Adelaide the water is green, brown, and smells like a flowing cesspool. Just above the Dawson bridge I honestly mistook a floating turd for a brown trout!
If water is going to be the oil of tomorrow, we are certainly using a lot of it to clean mugs plus the soap and dish detergent which has to be shipped to stores in gas guzzling trucks. You want to go green? Curl up a leaf then throw it away.
We were in Boston, PA which is pretty much McKeesport.
Didn't see any poop I am happy to report.
Post a Comment