So I put a suit on tonight at 7:50 PM to go to our church to have a picture taken for the directory. You get a complimentary 8x10 just for taking part. Ha. Ha! HA! Fools, all of us. About 20 photos were taken and we were then lead into a room with a sales girl with super software that showed the pictures every which way to.....SUNDAY. I do not get snookered, so please don't think I got snookered. We haven't had a family portrait taken since Still A Stroke was 3 1/2 years old. She's going to be 10 this summer. It was time. But getting a photo for a church directory should not feel like buying a car! What's it going to take to put you into this 16x20 canvas - touched up professionally - with our overpriced frame and live forever magic epoxy?! I didn't even take my wallet. I had no idea. One minute I'm watching Harry Potter with Stroke as we're gearing up for the next movie installment July 15th, the next minute I'm discussing if I can bring the package down from $280 if I don't get the fancy smokey corners! What's wrong with the picture from 2003 that's only 11x14 above our mantle? My hair was still somewhat brown! My face was thinner! Look how cute Stroke's little bare feet are at 3! Why? Do we really need a 16x20 canvas as part of our package? Sigh. Yes. Also as a side note if you currently work at Olan Mills......when people are going to drop large amounts of cheddar with your company, you shouldn't ask them to "please don't do that, sir" when you whip out your BlackBerry to take a 2 megapixel blurry photo of your daughter while posed all cutesy. "Hey Honey, F Olan Mills....I got us the winner right here on my cell phone!".
Thursday, May 28, 2009
FAN: Olan Mills
So I put a suit on tonight at 7:50 PM to go to our church to have a picture taken for the directory. You get a complimentary 8x10 just for taking part. Ha. Ha! HA! Fools, all of us. About 20 photos were taken and we were then lead into a room with a sales girl with super software that showed the pictures every which way to.....SUNDAY. I do not get snookered, so please don't think I got snookered. We haven't had a family portrait taken since Still A Stroke was 3 1/2 years old. She's going to be 10 this summer. It was time. But getting a photo for a church directory should not feel like buying a car! What's it going to take to put you into this 16x20 canvas - touched up professionally - with our overpriced frame and live forever magic epoxy?! I didn't even take my wallet. I had no idea. One minute I'm watching Harry Potter with Stroke as we're gearing up for the next movie installment July 15th, the next minute I'm discussing if I can bring the package down from $280 if I don't get the fancy smokey corners! What's wrong with the picture from 2003 that's only 11x14 above our mantle? My hair was still somewhat brown! My face was thinner! Look how cute Stroke's little bare feet are at 3! Why? Do we really need a 16x20 canvas as part of our package? Sigh. Yes. Also as a side note if you currently work at Olan Mills......when people are going to drop large amounts of cheddar with your company, you shouldn't ask them to "please don't do that, sir" when you whip out your BlackBerry to take a 2 megapixel blurry photo of your daughter while posed all cutesy. "Hey Honey, F Olan Mills....I got us the winner right here on my cell phone!".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Reminded me of http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/
Same thing happened to me twice. The second time I was prepared. The first time I did buy two 8 x 10 photos to give to the grandparents as gifts. I thought it was weird to be blindsided at church like that at the time.
ya, we really needed an updated portrait and by the time you buy the package, its not that much more to get the canvas jobbie.
cowbell, that's awesome. i saw that a long time ago.
Post a Comment