Thought I'd take this opportunity to let you all know I'll be taking a little leave of absence for a while. This will be my last post for probably a little over 10 days. But I'll be accumulating material for an upcoming What Are You Listening To post. Except I'll be listening to live music by some of the folks I've mentioned in previous WAYLT articles.
Tomorrow I embark on my journey into Earthquakeland, otherwise known as the Caribbean Sea, aboard the ms Eurodam for the 2010 Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise. The party starts at 4 on Saturday with a BBQ (right up my alley!) and continues non-stop for 7 more days. And when I say non-stop I mean the first gig starts at noon plus or minus an hour and the last gig starts at 1:30am the next day, EVERY day. It is not unusual for live music to be emanating from some parts of the ship at 5:00 or 6:00am!!
These are the coolest cruises ever. You never have to "play dress up" and go to dinner with the same folks at the same time every night. There's no such thing as a Captain's Ball. No dumbass magicians pulling a rabbit from a hat, or half-assed comedians, or torch singers trying to replicate old Broadway hits. The entertainment is strictly high-grade Blues all the way.
This time out I am really looking forward to seeing Duke Robillard and Johnny Winter. But everybody booked is good. And what the hell, it beats working for a living. See ya in a couple weeks with pictures and stories!
2 comments:
That sounds like a blast. I used to listen to Duke Robillard... haven't thought about him in years.
JW is a legend. He was great when I saw him in 1988, but when he played around here in 1999, he looked terrible. Could barely stand up. Maybe being at sea will help counteract the wobblies.
Have a great time! We'll expect a full report.
and hopefully none of those guys hit on Ms Dog like last time..lol.
we are going on Norwegian in august to Bahamas leaving from NYC.
Post a Comment