Monday, January 25, 2010

FAN: Favre Retiring Again...No Wait


Great. It's January 24th. Favre threw a pick which cost the Vikings a chance at the Super Bowl. With their front 7, the Vikings had a better chance in my opinion of beating the Colts than the Saints do. Oh well.

Now all we have to look forward to is Brett retiring and unretiring all spring and summer. We have about what, six months now of "will he" or "won't he"....which is six too many for yours truly and I like the man.

I was going to write a sort of parody of him already retiring and un-retiring 3 times since the game ended around 10:30 but what would be the point? I'm not sure it qualifies as a parody. He was brought there specifically to win this game and even though he had a spectacular season with only 7 picks, his never say die attitude which plagued him at times in the second half of his career came shining through today. If he takes off running with that ball and steps out of bounds they kick and win.

I think he's going to want that one back tomorrow. Next week. Next month. 10 years from now. In the end, he couldn't stop himself from being Brett.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all the hits he took yesterday, I'm not sure he would have been able to run the 10 yds they needed.

Still A. Fan said...

He didn't need 10 yards to kick a field goal. They could have tried one even if he gained 0 yards.

Carpetbagger said...

At least the Vikings aren't keeping the QB of the future on the bench waiting for Jethro to make up his mind.

Vikings can sit back and let him make up his mind. They need to draft a QB high either way.

So glad they didn't win. A Favre/Manning Super Bowl would have been interesting, but of zero rooting interest for me.

Go Saints.

still a. jet said...

Favre showed guts but really looked his age towards the end of the game. Will he want to go through training camp again in several months? I seriously doubt it. Everyone will blame him for the loss but the entire Vikings team is responsible not just Favre.
As for me I'm content and don't care who wins the Super Bowl because all the teams I hate already got humiliated - Bengals, Pats, Ravens, Cowboys:) The question for me about this year's game is being that it's the first New Orleans appearance ever, how will the Saints players and organization handle the Super Bowl hype and how will it affect how they play? Will Brees have a great game? That is the question. If he does Saint's win.

Still A. Fan said...

JET?!

long time, dude. welcome back.