Long back when I first started contributing my nonsense for this here blog I wrote a story about Haluski. Well, today I made my first batch on my own.
Not much else to do when the temperature barely crept above 20 degrees and I was relegated to watching the Shitbirds vs. Bill Belicheat. So I moved into the kitchen and created. Don't get me wrong, I totally embrace grilling in the winter. But I see no need to punish myself to do it.
So I mixed up a batch of noodles and cabbage and supplemented it with onion, a little crushed garlic and a few mushrooms. I know it's not the classic Haluski. But I try to make use of whatever is lying about the pantry and fridge when I cook and that's what I had to work with.
It came out real good and I served it with a smoked pork chop. But of course Mrs. Dog whined about having onion in it so guess what? I get to eat the rest of it. No buying lunches this week!
Anybody who would like my recipe, just say so in the comments. Which, by the way, Still A. While, how did my recipe for the maple glazed ham work out for you at Christmas?
Not much else to do when the temperature barely crept above 20 degrees and I was relegated to watching the Shitbirds vs. Bill Belicheat. So I moved into the kitchen and created. Don't get me wrong, I totally embrace grilling in the winter. But I see no need to punish myself to do it.
So I mixed up a batch of noodles and cabbage and supplemented it with onion, a little crushed garlic and a few mushrooms. I know it's not the classic Haluski. But I try to make use of whatever is lying about the pantry and fridge when I cook and that's what I had to work with.
It came out real good and I served it with a smoked pork chop. But of course Mrs. Dog whined about having onion in it so guess what? I get to eat the rest of it. No buying lunches this week!
Anybody who would like my recipe, just say so in the comments. Which, by the way, Still A. While, how did my recipe for the maple glazed ham work out for you at Christmas?
1 comment:
Aha! I was waiting for a food post!
The ham was fantastic! Not only did it taste great it looked good too!
Looks Good! Tastes Great!
Looks Good! Tastes Great!
Thanks for the recipe - I will be using that one from now on!
Post a Comment