Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bye Bye Kimo

Well, Like I said many moons ago when I first started this blog, he is not essential. The Steelers would never pay him $9 million for 3 years. Never. It just goes to show you what a true Champion bettis was that not once, not twice, but three times he took less money to stay here and win a championship. If you remember, the first time he became a free agent, the 'Skins offered him more money than we did but he remained a Steeler. The last 2 years he took massive pay cuts to remain a Steeler. Now, if Kimo had chosen to stay he could have split time with Keisel (if he stays) and tutor him much like Bettis did to Staley and Parker. You don't always have to chase the money. I was a little disappointed to say the least. Oh well, he wasn't integral. He will be replaced and we will carry on. Everyone will be sorry they left when they repeat.

No comments: