Friday, March 24, 2006

First Race of the Season

The Bucks County 5k Series kicked off this past weekend with the first of 7 local 5k races. It was cold and windy and a pretty miserable day. Anyway, I ran a 27:47 which is more than 2 minutes off of my best time, but it was still 90 seconds faster than the same race last year. The first race of the year is always a good measuring stick for just how much turkey, pie, ham and pork were eaten over the holidays. Apparently I did slightly better this year than last in that department. I'd still like to shave about 3 minutes off of that by the end of the season. Anyhooo, they had a photographer this year at 2 points during the race and they are selling the pictures at the website. If you need a good laugh and want to see a picture of a 37 year old fighting Father Time tooth and nail, click here.

No comments: