Thursday, March 23, 2006
Looking for a Wideout
Lee Mays is not the answer, although he signed on Monday. Lee is the Brian St. Pierre of WRs. It's nice to have him around for practice but he'll be up against it when it's time for the last cuts. Truthfully, I think Quincy Morgan was hurt worse than everyone thought. I so wanted him to be our opening day #2 wideout. I just think he could excel with medium expectations and being the 4th option in the offense. The fact that we chased Andre Davis and Tim Dwight leads me to believe that either we aren't sold on Ced being the #2, or we're not sold on Coke returning punts. Tim Dwight would have been a decent addition to go deep and open up the underneath stuff for Hines and the seam for Miller...but you don't necessarily need speed to go deep. All you have to do is run in a straight line and not stop to take one guy out of the picture. If you have more than average speed, you may be able to draw a safety to you unless one of the better corners is covering you. I love our #1 and our TE, if Q signs I like him to start. If Q doesn't sign....ouch! We need to either sign someone or draft a capable WR that can play early. Maybe Nate Washington is a sleeper and the Steelers aren't too worried, but if thats the case, I don't think we would have been looking at Davis. With Hartings returning and Okobi resigned to a new deal - I'm now getting away from thinking our first pick will be Ohio States's stud center Mangold. We'll discuss that more as we get closer to the draft. It still may be an offensive lineman purely for depth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment