
If you ever bother to look, there is a counter at the bottom of the page supplied by SiteMeter. I use it to track interesting things like visitor counts, page counts, location, length of stay, searched on...etc. I can visually look at a globe and see dots where my hits are coming from and then blow up the dot to see city, country and even partial IP information. I only look occasionaly and it's fun to see if my site was found by doing a search on a popular engine. I had a hit today from Bahrain that used a Yahoo search click to get to me. I clicked the link to go to the Yahoo search results page to see what the user entered to get to my page. It was manonman.com! I completely made up ManOnMan.com as part of a Star Trek spoof story earlier this month. Some poor Arab (Arabs make up over 82% of Bahrain's population so I'm going to assume it was an Arab) was looking for some good man-on-man porn and he found my site. Isn't that hilarious? I guess it could have been a female that just likes to watch sword fighting, but it makes the story better to imagine this Muslim all huddled up somewhere where nobody can see his monitor dialing me up and seeing the latest post on who got me hot when I was 12! I can see him now.....(in my weakest attempt of a Bahrainian accent) "Who iz dees Bionic Woman of who they speeek?". OK, maybe it's not funny to you, but I'm getting a kick out of it. Rats. I have to be honest. The hit came from an area of Bahrain called Manana. There is a decent chance dude was looking for info on that and keyed in "manonman" instead.....except the flamer actually typed in "www.manonman.com" and not just "manonman". I think he was looking for gay porn if you ask me.
1 comment:
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Post a Comment