Sunday, May 28, 2006

Steeler Season DVD

I finally got to see the Steeler DVD that goes through the entire 2005 season. Actually, I can't believe I haven't bought it yet. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. It's superb. The game capsules are exactly what you would expect. Hard hits, good catches and lots of sideline banter. For only being in his second year - Ben takes command and talks to the guys well on the sideline. It seems a bit odd to hear Coach Cowher call Porter by his nickname "Peezy", but he is a player's coach. I can't wait to see how he coaches the sideline this year with his group of veterans. When they went south in 1998 he was blamed a tad for giving the vets too much leeway. I hope he keeps a strong hand this year. Best highlight in the entire dvd? The Bears game! Snow flying, breath showing, Bettis running over Brian Urlacher....I want the season to start tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when Cowher calls James Harrison "Silverback" too.