Friday, June 15, 2007

Beyond SOBX





Posting may be light until next Sunday, the 26th as we're leaving for our favorite vacation place ealry tomorrow morning - the 26 mile or so island that contains Atlantic Beach, Salter Path, Indian Beach and Emerald Isle. We're staying in Emerald Isle again this year at the same house as the last time....and why not....it's extremely private as you can see from the pic above and it has a heated pool. Sweet! Time to forget about work, the patio, the unfinished BBQ pit and the 87 other things that need to be done around the house. Time to eat at Clawson's and grill up some fresh seafood. The only thing that stinks about the trip this year is that we'll have to miss the funeral of one of my great uncles. He was one of the most easy-going people I've ever known. He was at Utah Beach Normandy on D + 17. I grew up only having one grandfather on Still A Dad's side. On my mother's side, I had 3 "great" uncles to act as grandfathers. My grandmother's brother and her two brother-in-laws. I got to spend the day with him and his wife two weeks ago and I'm really glad I got the chance. We're going to miss him. I hope he's playing 36 at Pebble Beach Sunday after the funeral.

1 comment:

stilladog said...

I doubt he's at Pebble Beach right now.

I'd put my money on him being at Oakmont watching not a single PGA Tour golfer be able to break par at the US Open. And laughing about how none of them could come up to Western Pennsylvania and do anything on "our course."

Another quiet American hero fades away. RIP Boke.