
That ugly mug to the right belongs to a NC Triggerfish. Yummy, I must say. I never tried it before this week to my knowledge. The fresh fish market that Chrissy Two Coats and I went to a few times (Cap'n Willis) highly recommended it. I grilled it on low for about 10 minutes per side and lightly coated each side with olive oil. It was absolutely fantastic! So, from Saturday afternoon until Friday morning I got to eat fresh Grouper, Mahi-Mahi, sushi quality Tuna, Salmon, Clams, Trigger and Crab Cakes. On the ride home last night I even had the clam pretzel from the Maryland House rest stop. I'm going to miss all the fresh seafood and grilling it myself. I'm going to have to make a better effort to continue this trend at home.
1 comment:
Musta been a thick piece of trigger to grill it for 10 minutes per side. But you said low so I assume 225 degrees or thereabouts?
Welcome back to the real world where we do not dine on gourmet seafood every day (as I finish my shrimp salad sandwich for lunch). Sounds like an awesome vacation!
No mention of oysters of any type, fried, steamed, or raw.
No mention of the ever elusive bearded clam either. I try to taste at least one of those on every vacation whenever possible. I understand they can be plentiful at the Maryland House rest stop but those are sometimes infested with parasites. It was probably a wise decision to go with the clam pretzel instead. As a wise man once said, "If it smells like fish, it's delish. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone."
Post a Comment