Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Great Band Names
Every once in a while, something I say or think sounds like the perfect name for a band. I love creative names for bands. When I used to play with friends back in high school and college the bands were called "Blind Vision", "The Answer" and "Meltdown". I think all 3 showed some promise (in name only!). We had "The Answer" back in 1986...not sure when AI started using it. Anyway, it looks like after doing some Google searches - the 3 I came up with over the past few days are already in use! All 3 are work inspired. "Feature Creep" is something that faces IT people on a daily basis. I've been working on a report for the top of the food chain and the scope gets bigger every day. It hit me the other day that it would be a cool name. Along those same lines - "Works As Designed" is something QA people face all the time as well. It's a daily battle to point out things that are obviously wrong with software but aren't explicitly written into the specifications. I think it's a cool name for a band as well, and so did somebody else. On a funnier note, I walked into the bathroom the other day and my God....the smell could have melted you! I thought Jesus Christ, buddy, how about a Courtesy Flush? Then I smiled - Courtesy Flush would be a killer band name!!! And.....it is.
Labels:
music,
pop culture,
Slanted Pack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I thought I was being clever with Moor Cowbell until I found a boatload of others out there with the conventional spelling.
Some band names that I like that were taken from movies: Nerfherder (Empire Strikes Back), Veruca Salt (Willie Wonka), Save Ferris (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
i think this will be a regular feature from now on. feel free to send recommendations. maybe the name shouldn't turn up any google searches of ["name" band]. i used to kid around that my band would be "jimmy cracked corn" with an LP "I dont care" and the first single would be "red rover". i think jimmy cracked corn is also in use.
Naming bands is so, um.... sexual!
Band name followed by debut album.
The Reach Arounds-Holey Hand Job,
The Tossed Salads-Ass Juice,
Lovelace on Speed-Come Quick Dick,
Battery Acid Douche Bags-One For Your Girlfriend,
The Reverse Cowgirls-Rough Riders.
"Just need a little brain salad surgery. Got to cure my insecurity." -Dr. John
So, I've had the pleasure (?) of working at companies that seem to have the company band - a bunch of guys and gals who get together to jam occasionally. No, I haven't been part of them. However, when I worked at PCM, the band seemed to change its name every few months. Two that I liked there were:
Runs With Scissors
Tastes Like Chicken
In college I was in a band called "Slap & Tickle" - it's a song by Squeeze.
Post a Comment