
I stopped to fill up with gas on my way home from work the other night. I went to a place I've never stopped at before - new job - new route - new area. The freaking gas pumps had televisions on them...playing TMZ type clips, ESPN clips and local weather. Can't we even pump gas in peace? Wouldn't no frills pumps save us money? Not including football related programming or movies, I don't watch a ton of TV. I watch a ton of net surfing, but that's a different story. Maybe if I could use Google for 8 minutes while I spend $60 I would feel better about my lost 8 minutes. I've pumped gas Lord knows how many times in my life, not once have I wondered what was on TV while doing it. I'm usually in a trance, staring at traffic, taking a life break, thinking about the smell of the gas, thinking about a stale donut from inside the station.....never about an E! snippet. I think just like I can choose to not get a receipt - I should be able to choose to turn off the TV while pumping.....unless of course, American Idol clips are on.....oh I just threw that in to see if Still A Pavlov would salivate.
No comments:
Post a Comment