Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hogs, Lots of Hogs


A quick look around some mock drafts have our beloved Steelers taking another DE/OLB type or a CB return-man demon (Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie) in the first round. A few have us taking the Virgina guard - but I want to know why ALL of them don't have us taking a HOG? I don't care if it's a guard, center, tackle....I want me a HOG. A big mean one! One we can have for 6-8 years minimum. I read the draft book on the Virgina kid ( Branden Albert) and one of his weaknesses is lack of football knowledge as he didn't start playing until late in his school days. He was a standout hoops guy before his football career took off. It also says he's a better pass blocker than a run blocker and that his motor runs hot and cold. Damn. I was starting to get depressed until I saw that Chris Long also has some "weaknesses" listed as well. I wouldn't care if we piled up the HOGS and had bacon for the first two or three courses! I could live with a supreme corner, but if they take another LB, I won't be happy. They could go DL as well, but if you ask any fan, even a casual fan, what our biggest hole was last year, they'll say OL without a doubt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I want a big mountain on the line! I can't remember where I saw it but I did see one "expert" predict we'd go after that. Was it on ESPN or maybe NFL Network? Anyways I can't remember the guys name but he's 300+ pounds:-) I do not want another LB!