
Where is Danny Kreider? Where is Jon Witman? Where is Tim Lester? Actually, where is anybody? I see enough burst out of Willie Parker to not think he's injured. I see Mewelde Moore snap off some decent runs. What I rarely see is a bruising fullback hitting the hole first and knocking a linebacker on their ass. Today's running game was a joke. This season's running game is a joke. Something needs to be fixed. I don't think we should rest anyone next week - at least for the first half. I'd like to see us run 10 times in a row on the first drive. Our ground game is in shambles. Why we continue to run with no help is beyond me. We have 4 wide receivers out there and then we run. We run out of multiple TE sets and I don't think it's working. I'd rather see 1 or 2 and a fullback in the backfield. Running the ball is about attitude and execution. We have the commitment, obviously, because we continue to run Willie into the middle of the pile without an escort. What you're basically telling me is that our offensive line can't pass block.....and they can't run block. For the second year in a row, they are our Achilles heel and we really didn't do anything to address it besides swapping a less than mediocre center for a slightly better than average center. I don't care one bit about losing the game today. I didn't expect to be the #2 seed before the season began so I'll take it. Also, this game pointed out that we may not be as good as we've been thinking for the past 3 weeks and it will keep us honest. Can we beat the Titans? Absolutely. Jesus, they were so afraid to throw against us all they did sans one pass was allow Collins to throw short and outside all day. It's been a long time since we were leading with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and then end up losing. I want to run. We need to run. What we can't do is continue to run the plays Arians is sending in. Instead of a Wide Recievers coach being our OC, I liked it much better when a TE was....and that's church.
5 comments:
"....and that's church." Are you paying homage to the PG? :)
Couldn't agree with you more!
Well, Dan Kreider is available. He was released weeks ago by the Rams. But he's washed up.
Our offensive line is weak. Our tight ends are not blockers. Neither Spaeth nor Miller are good blockers no matter what the company line is on them. McHugh is servicable at best.
The problem is that Arians play calling does not protect these known weaknesses. Every NFL team has it's weaknesses. The good coordinators conceal these weaknesses and put their players in postition to succeed with the skillsets they have. Not Bruce Arians. He calls plays out of a grab bag with no regard for down and distance; and particularly no regard for the ability of his players to execute the play against a given opponent.
We can win the Super Bowl with the team as it is assembled now, warts and all. But we cannot do it calling plays which expose our personnel weaknesses.
Does anyone think that dropping back for a pass is a weakness? You can't win with four turnovers by Roethlassburger. And the Titans wiping their vaginas with a Terrible Towel, real or fake, does not equal a future win. Those things are not Qurans.
paying homage? absolutely.
We needed a loss.
I hate to say that - I really do.
Seems to me that when Benny does really bad and 'takes all the blame' - well then he comes out and performs pretty well for 2-3 games.
Rather lose now than later that is for sure.
My only regret was that Polamalu didn't tackle that idiot who was celebrating prematurely before he got to the endzone.
Between that and the Towel desecration. Bring it.
Post a Comment