Sunday, December 14, 2008

FAN: Another Close One

Have you ever seen worse punting coming from our guys? Not since Josh Miller drew the ire of Bill Cowher in his early years have our punters sucked so bad. What a game today. I expected to win and I knew it would be a close game but geez......my family thinks I'm crazy and the cats are afraid of me. I'm convinced even if they didn't rule the play a touchdown - Ben was going to sneak it the last inch on the next play.I don't even have many random musings. I think we had way too many drops. Had they not dropped so many passes in key situations, maybe that play is insignificant. Ben really took over in the 4th quarter. He's really learned how to win games. Another thing I'll say is that we need to use a little less clock in the normal flow of the game. Too many times we're snapping the ball on zero. That's fine with a decent lead but even then I'd rather be hiking the ball at 2, unless that's by design to go at 0 to reduce the effect of the crowd noise. Even though Sepulveda didn't set the world on fire last year - I can't wait for him to come back. He didn't have too many 28 yard punts when punting from his own 20. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of 4+ yard runs. Willie even popped off a few 7+ yarders. I can't wait to hear the Raven's fans complain about the call. When we give you the ball on the 15 and you can't put it in the endzone....don't blame the game on this one call. From the sideline view, I saw two feet down, two hands on the ball and a millimeter of the ball over the plane. Touchdown.

1 comment:

stilladog said...

If the topic is punting, the player of the game --for the 57 minutes that the Ravens actually played it-- had to be Ravens Punter, Sam Koch.

Dude pinned us inside our 10 yard line 4 times. A big reason we were in a hole field postion-wise all day was the booming and accuate punts of Koch.

Mitch Berger made a TD saving tackle on special teams. And for that I'll give him a pass on some of those weak punts. Everyone, including Berger himself, knows he's only a patch on the tire anyway.