Friday, April 23, 2010

DOG: So Far, So Good

Stiller's #1 Draft Choice, Maurkice Pouncey


So far, so good for the Stillers 2010 draft. It's only one round and I think it's pretty ridiculous to assess the quality of the draft the day after. But I'm happy with Maurkice Pouncey as our #1 pick and I have to believe most of Steeler Nation agrees.

As I predicted in my pre-draft post, with Rolando McClain gone to the Raiders early on, our choice would be Pouncey, and it was. Earl Thomas was gone too. After the Pouncey selection was announced I texted Fan that I hoped that Kareem Jackson would be available to get in round two. But alas, 'twas wishful thinking. And I was right on my assessment of Jackson too. For by the time Fan got my text, Jackson was snatched up by the Texans at #20.

I'm not sure what to expect tonight. Probably a couple of defensive players. A defensive back and a linebacker are my guesses. I won't be around to see what transpires on Saturday and I'll miss the early part of tonight's draft action too due to having to mow my lawn once I get home from work. Maybe I'll get a chance for a recap of the draft on Sunday night unless Fan beats me to the punch.

You know what else I learned from watching the draft last night? Well, I already had strong suspicions on these anyway, but... Mel Kiper is an idiot, Steve Young is a dumbass, Chris Berman is a complete asshole, and thank goodness for John Gruden and to a lesser degree Tom Jackson. Also, Adam Schefter is a complete Disney tool. He has no value whatsoever. The funniest thing? Mel's Best Player Available from pick 5 on was Jimmy Clausen. Well, we're starting tonight at pick 33 and Jimmy Clausen is still BPA?? I did get a good laugh out of that. I found that even more humorous than the Broncos picking Tim Tebow in round 1. But hey, working hard and having a big heart worked out pretty well for Hines Ward and Rocky Bleier. Maybe Tebow can make it work for him too. Of course neither Hines nor Rocky were #1 picks either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pouncey is a stud, and also supposedly a solid citizen. He'll start at RG this fall.

OMG... the ESPN crew was a complete train wreck! Tom Jackson looked like he wanted to blindside Steve Young, who was always interrupting and would never shut the hell up. Boomer didn't know who was on the clock. And they all were more interested in arguing than giving any information on the trades that were made.

My favorite moment was when they said that the Eagles had definitely traded up to get the safety, Thomas, to replace one that had left. Or, maybe offensive line. Cut to Commish announcing the DE they actually drafted.

What a bunch of tools. Why can't they just let Kiper, Mortensen, and Clayton do the draft?

Still A. Fan said...

lol i agree. 5 people is crazy. it's like......3 too many.