Saturday, April 24, 2010

FAN: Where's Our Corner?


So in the second and third rounds we still stayed away from cornerbacks. Not quite sure why. Yes, Santonio Holmes was cut so he could go bake somewhere else but I seriosuly don't think a slot receiver is more important to the team right now than trying to find an NFL caliber corner. Emmanuel Sanders was projected to be a 4th round pick and several receivers projected to be 3rd rounders were still on the board. I would think if he was drafted solely to play the slot then it could be justified taking him over other receivers, but with Randle El back I think CB is more important right now. We must really have high hopes for Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett from last year.
I realize I skipped over the second pick. I just wanted to bitch and moan and I figured Dog would do some analysis on him since he's our college football expert.

1 comment:

stilladog said...

B-Mac is back!

I'll try to post a draft analysis tomorrow. I know some of the guys we drafted but others I haven't a clue.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what in the Sam Hill they were doing in this draft. There's a method to this madness somewhere.