Friday, April 23, 2010

FAN: 50,000th Visitor

We had our 50,000th hit about 10 minutes ago! Wooo Hoooo. I wish I knew who it was but I think it was a random visitor, not a regular. It's funny how they found us....they found the image from Google Images of the Steelers Motivation Poster I put together I guess about 7 months ago. The hit came from Chester, Virgina.

I don't know Dog, there are days I really feel like pulling the plug on this. I never feel like I have the time I want to do it right. Isn't it hilarious that some sites get this many hits before 8 AM and it's taken YEARS to get here. I feel good on days where we get a decent amount of hits thinking a lot of people sent a link to it - then I read the stats and see that 12 of them landed on our site simply from an image search.

If I had to guess, from the research I do, I think we have about 30 regular readers out of our 50 or so hits a day. To those loyal few, if you read something you like - forward the link to some friends. Thanks!

5 comments:

bluzdude said...

Gah! The Image hit... the bane of like my existence. They're like empty calories...

It's like, you appreciate the hit but it's essentially unfulfilling.

Congrats on 50K to the Still A family. I'm breathing down your neck, about 45,000 behind you and closing...

Unknown said...

You got a loyal reader from Kuwait. This is Jim from Longleat. Hope you and the family are doing good. The reserves finaly called me up to enjoy a fun filled year away from home in the desert:) Keep posting!

stilladog said...

Too bad that dude from Chester, VA had his popup blocker enabled.

He didn't receive the popup offer we had for the 50,000th hit...

That's right folks we were giving away a new Dell PC and an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas including tickets to a Wayne Newton show!

Better luck next time. But keep coming back for more football, grilling, music, and other total horseshit (such as pictures of roaches on a public restroom floor). Fan & I are planning an even better offer for our 100,000th visitor!!

Still A. Fan said...

jim - no way! how you doing man? make us proud over there. kuwait is relatively safe, no? i have a friend in UAE who likes it so much he never came back. I'm now expecting regular comments!!

Anonymous said...

Comedy video that reveals a secret http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-0gfdtqOjw