Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Potentially Good Roundtrip Flight?

Well, I'm in Orlando this week for a User's meeting. I'm technical support for the salesman who is pushing my company's product to his core product's users. I was in a booth for a vendor's fair and I'm giving 3 demos. 2 were today. Kind of scary since I'm not used to talking to large groups of people - but I just went to the bar and a knocked back a few Ketel One and tonics first and everything went fine. Anyway I flew US Airways down and for the first time since I started traveling for business - nothing pissed me off about the flight. Decent sized seats, plenty of leg room, friendly help, no trouble in any lines, room in the overheads..... I have to say I couldn't find anything to complain about (which is weird for me). That leads me to one of two conclusions: 1. Everything will be fine again tomorrow and I'll continue to fly US Airways - or 2. the landing gear will fall off the plane somewhere over South Carolina and we'll be forced to belly land near Atlantic City off the coast. Things went so well Monday that I have a feeling the flying gods will be against me tomorrow. Here's looking forward to delays, reclined seats in front of me, a fat smelly woman on my right who wants to show me pictures of her trip, my car being towed when I get back to Philly airport, traffic jams trying to get home and realizing I don't have all my luggage when I finally arrive home at 10:32 PM from a flight that landed at 5:03 PM.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beware the little kids still wound up from meeting Mickey and Donald. They can easily be identified by their large black ears!

Still A. Fan said...

The plane was FULL of them coming home as well. Loud, crying, whining...all over top of the engines. The flight went well - it was just VERY loud.

Anonymous said...

Oh good...I'm flying USAir when I come to Philly in June. Maybe this is a good omen.