Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bring Back Chidi

OK, obviously Tyrone Carter forgot how to tackle last night and he picked some bad angles. I don't dislike Ty as a player, but I Love Chidi as a player. Chidi, to me, is the kind of guy you need on a championship team. From what I've seen and read he's selfless and will do whatever is asked of him. He may not be the best DB on the team, but in reality, how often is the last DB on the depth chart used (not on special teams)? So, besides Ty Carter in no particular order, here are a few players I feel like we can do without if it would mean Iwuoma could come home.

Willie Reid - I saw nothing special out of this cat in the preseason. If he was drafted to return punts and he isn't returning them YET, then obviously there is a problem. Put him on the practice squad if nobody picks him up off waivers but Chidi can help us win right now - Willie Reid cannot.

Brian St. Pierre - If we went into the season with 2 QBs, why do we need 3 right now?

Duce Staley - Are you kidding me? He's just taking up space!

Arnold Harrison - Not related to James, doesn't play like James.

Tim Euhus (TE) - Who? I know we play some 2 TE sets, but if Miller or Tuman got injured in a game, we could just abandon those sets.

1 comment:

stilladog said...

Willie Reid can contribute if he's given a chance. He will torch teams on punt returns. I don't know what the story on him is but he appears to be in Cowher's proverbial "doghouse." I remember a time when Ike Taylor lived at that address too.

Brian St. Pierre: Agreed. If he's no better than Kyle Boller then we don't need his disloyal sorry ass.

Duce Staley: Najeh Davenport was signed for a reason and is supposedly ahead of Duce on the depth chart. What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here? Perhaps the NFL has signed him to be a t-shirt and sweatshirt model and won't allow the Steelers to cut him? No contribution, see ya.

Arnold Harrison is most definitely not the Silverback. But he is at least contributing on special teams. He can stay for now.

Tim Euhus: For a team that identifies the position TE as tackle eligible, we don't need 3 of these guys. If someone gets hurt I think Tim will answer the phone.

Only one of these guys has got to be cut to bring Chidi back. Take your pick but that's my 2 dog biscuits.

Woof Woof