Monday, September 18, 2006

What To Expect, Jaguars Edition

Well, we know one thing - there's going to be some hitting. I think Cowher will motivate the troops by reminding them just how tough Jax was last year....even though Touchdown Tommy threw the game away for us. Tonight, the Steelers are going to "chop some wood". I don't think there's going to be a whole lot of offense in this game. I'll be surprised if we see the endzone 3 times as I see at least 3 Jeff Reed field goals. I think we win in a squeaker. Ben will be wanting to prove that he was indeed healthy enough to start tonight. Hopefully the O Line can keep the Jags off his back as he really doen't need to be taking any hard hits right now. I think tonight if he's forced out of the pocket he'll be looking to throw the ball away if nobody is open instead of running it himself. This matchup last year saw too many hard hits to give someone a freebie at BB. I'm anxious to get a look at Najeh tonight. I hope he's 'suited up' and ready to go. I'd love to see him move the pile and put Duce to shame. I think Parker will have minimal success and gain around 70 yards. Hopefully I'm wrong about that, but I think we'll score both through the air and on the ground to get to 23 points and a win. If Willie Reid doesn't show up tonight, I'll really be questioning that decision to draft him in the 3rd round. Is catching a punt that much different in the NFL than it was in college? On defense I think we'll be fine. Taylor isn't going to carve us up but he isn't going to cave either. I'm a tad worried that we won't take Matt Jones seriously enough and he could scorch us for one. If we do give up a long ball - I bet Coke will have something to do with it. Enough with the "what ifs", let's play some football. My final prediction? Stillers 23 - Jaguars 16. If for some reason we happen to lose, it will be the special team's fault. Can you believe Chidi is auditioning for the Browns? Are you telling me we can't cut 1 person and bring him back? If we have special team blunders tonight, tomorrow I'll tell you - at minimum - 5 people we can do without if it means bringing Chidi back.

No comments: