Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bills say "Check, Please"

In a total destruction of the Bills, I don't even think 5 plays stand out as being memorable. It was just a methodical dismantling. Willie Parker ran crazy and Ben was again efficient. Maybe the biggest play that stands out to me was very early in the game when Willie Parker busted off a 21 yard run and the announcer (not sure if it was Solomon or Ian) kept saying it was Najeh Davenport. Even after Willie stood up with his "39" facing the camera - he kept saying "Davenport". It was amusing to even think Najeh could get to the corner and turn it up for 21 yards. I even took a power nap heading into halftime. And yes, I may have to rethink my position on Matt Spaeth. I watched Mahan in action more this week and he's very impressive turning his guy away from the ball carrier. Until we play some better competition - it's hard to get a handle on the team we have right now. I'll say this...they're making the playoffs.

1 comment:

stilladog said...

What good fortune we have to extend our preseason into games that still count in the standings! Another thing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving, I say.

Calendar says, "Count 'em" but schedule says, "We're still developing like preseason."

I bet a lot of you weren't around or don't remember when the NFL played 6 preseason games and a 14 game schedule. But I do. So for me the season starts this weekend against the 49ers.

Fact is, every team is still developing and we won't know what we really have until Thanksgiving anyway. Even if you're on the right track, if you're not moving forward you'll get run over. Then there are teams like the Bengals (I shouldn't be surprised but I am) who are moving backwards!

I just added another reason to hate the Bengals. I had them in suicide and they lost to the freaking Browns and gave up over 50 points in doing it.

On the other side of that coin, at the end of old skool pre-season we're in first place at 2-0 while the rest of the division is 1-1.

Bring on the NFC West for the next 3 weeks!

Oh yeah Fan, Spaeth 3 NFL catches, 2 NFL TDs. If you see the bandwagon coming, it's already too late!