Sunday, September 02, 2007
Kendall Simmons Signs
Simmons signed an extension today which gives him this year plus 4 more years for as much as $24 million with incentives figured in. Bonus money was close to $8 million. I can't say I'm not shocked by this, but since it's Alan Whaaa-neca's last year, I guess it makes sense. He is also now the backup center as well. I'm guessing next year Kemoeatu will replace Alan and we will continue to roll along. I'm also betting that Max Starks will get the rest of this year and next camp to practice at the other end position and then he and Trai Essex will battle to see who will start there next year. If his contract isn't already up after the season, I'm not sure Marvel Smith can hold off two youngsters. None of my pet projects were signed to the practice squad. Hrumph!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kuhn signed with Green Bay.
Capizzi signed with Cleveland.
Essex must fellatiate the entire coaching staff, paying particular attention to coach Tomlin. He was no better than the 65th man in this camp. And Tomlin insisted he was keeping the best 53.
I am pissed that Tomlin is excercising such roster lunacy so early on. Let's just hope nobody gets hurt and we never have to get to the point where Essex ever enters a game. Or Frenchy St. Pierre either.
Well, we all knew Tomlin would make a few mistakes. He just made a couple that could be big ones. If he manages games well, I can live with these mistakes. But if he goes for the FG under you-know-what circumstances, I'm just going to call him Black Billy.
Post a Comment