Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Best Line From Disney
Not sure how I forgot this gem, but my wife reminded me yesterday: As we were walking away from The Tower of Terror on Thursday - a mom was pushing her toddler in a stroller. The little girl was crying and without breaking stride the mother kind of leaned forward and said "I will park this stroller and let someone else take you home". Nice. Now this woman didn't look like a crack whore either. She didn't have smeared lipstick, a haircut from 1984 and she wasn't poorly dressed. She didn't look like a Jerry Springer mom to me....just a normal suburban mom with no parenting skills. They were on display everywhere. God help us all.
Labels:
disney,
Slanted Pack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That line is hilarious and I think I will use it!
My girls are 7 and 10 and bicker constantly and the 7 year old whines and whines and whines. (Not to mention the 3 year old boy who should be a poster child for birth control)
When I send them out to play and one of them comes to the back door crying I cut them off and say "Is anyone bleeding because unless I see blood I dont want to hear it"
And off they go............
Ok, let me have it.
I am waiting.
This is getting scary, Still A. While. We are thinking far too much alike.
For the most part, Americans raise their kids to be little whiney bitches. It is good to hear that some moms don't stand for that bullshit. Your kids will thank you for it later.
If I had a dime for every time my parents whipped my ass I'd be retired by now. And there are readers on here who know damn well I didn't get my ass whipped near as much as I should have.
There were days I'd have gladly taken my parents up on the "leave me for somebody else" threat. But hey, after my dad told me a crow shit me on a fence and the sun hatched me, what did I care?
Still A. While, try not to be too hard on Big Ben this year. It is going to be hard for him to make plays lying on the turf with 3 defensive linemen on top of him. ...unless our top 2 draft picks are better in pass protection than I think.
Still A Dog - I am laughing so hard about that 'crow' comment I can hardly type.
Can't stand whiny kids. Not a bit.
Suck it up and deal with it.
As for Ben - well, to be honest I pretty much have no problem with him on the field. But off the field....man, I have issues. Big time. But for now- Go Pens!!!!
i think what you guys are describing and what i was a tad put off by are apples and oranges. it's a far cry from complaining about our whiny kids to a mother telling a 2 year old that she's going to leave her and allow another person to take her home. at 2, the kid has no chance to tell that she's not serious. believe me, i'm mostly with you and i think kids would be better behaved if the bad ones got their asses beat. not beat up, but spanked when they truly deserve it. i've never done it (my little sweety is an angel) but i was on the receiving end plenty of times. i'm talking about a little little kid, barely a toddler. also, doing things like that in public irk me. i have no problem at all if you want to spank your kid, i just prefer you dont do it in the mall or in the grocery store...or at the happiest place on earth.
Ack! The Happiest Place on Earth? Pardon me while I'm sick.
Well, I don't see a problem with it. The kid probably didn't understand what the mom was saying anyway.
Now beating your kid in Walmart with the metal end of a belt is another thing (yep - that happened).
Want to know my favorite thing to do at Disney? Watch other couples fight. Seriously.
Just look at all the frazzled women rolling their eyes at their husbands and having 'discussions'.
Misery loves company I guess.
umm, little bit of sarcasm there when i said that!
needless to say, i dont know if the kid was 18 months or 3 as it happened fast and was gone.....but if she's saying it now and doesnt care that she's saying it in public - who knows what she's saying to the kid in private. and remember, this isnt coming from a super liberal. when you strip away all the kidding around and posturing over how kids should be raised.....with a kid so young...i just don't agree with the method for fear the kid DOES understand the meaning but does not understand that the parent is just upset and venting and wouldnt follow through. if the kid was 7+, fine. i'm onboard with anyone that wants to tap a toddler's behind to get their attention. i'm not onboard with physical or mental abuse.
and you are so right - still a wife and i laughed our asses off every morning in the resort food court at families bickering with each other. we would be walking to the bus area and a bus for where we were going would be pulling out. we would say "just our luck" and keep walking to the benches. other people would act like their dog just died.
Disney has created this aura of fantasy around all their theme parks. It has become the Mecca and the Nirvana of all vacation spots for those with young children. And in the fantastic (it's a small) world (after all)created by Disney marketing, everything always goes as planned and it always works out perfect.
Except guess what? It's the real world after all and shit goes wrong. Monorails are late. Illegals driving buses take you to the wrong hotel. Steaks aren't always done perfectly medium (or however you like yours). Sometimes they run out of Goofy bobbleheads.
And man that pisses people off.
It really is funny to laugh at if you don't get caught up in it yourself... and no little kids get swapped out to the Manson Family for bad behavior.
People have this idea of the 'perfect vacation' when they go there.
FYI folks - that is not a vacation. That place is a LOT of WORK if you ask me.
Even at Kennywood people are just nasty. I worked in the cafeteria for years. Parents would come in and want their kids to eat a stuffed chicken breast or roast beef! Give the kid a hot dog or fries and enjoy your day. Pick you battles.
Remember when the cafe was a sit down restaurant? Man, I hated my parents for making me go in there.
Talk about parental abuse!!!
Post a Comment