
We checked out Disney Quest last night for the first time. I have to say, we had a blast. We did several virtual reality rides like Aladdin's Magic Carpet and Pirates of the Caribbean where we manned cannons and steered the ship. They had a station where you created a roller coaster and then got in a small capsule that actually played out your roller coaster with corkscrews and loops included. The guy let me watch my wife and daughter's capsule while they rode their coaster. It was amazing to watch the thing spin and rotate. We could see their faces on a monitor. After the ride you could purchase the video of the track synced up with the video of their faces from the ride. When I watched mine it was hilarious because I was wearing a dog tag and it kept flipping down and as we were righted - it would get stuck on my ear! We played an asteroid game where you drove a bumpercar that sucked up asteroids under the car and then you grabbed them inside the car to feed into a cannon....then you shot other cars. You could build a toy from Toy Story with different bodies, heads, arms...etc....and then actually purchase the toy you created from the game kiosk. There are 5 floors with different sections to each floor. We were there for close to 3 hours and I'm not sure we did everything. My daughter came in second out of 12 people on the ride displayed here....a sort of human pinball hockey game and I won a race of 8 NASCAR drivers on the sitdown driver game where all the sitdown games were linked up. There was an "old school" room with the classics and one of my favorites was there - "Tron", but it wasn't working. Tron was in a cleaners on my paper route when I was a youngster and if I made $20 a week I put $18 of it back into Tron. What a hi-low to see it and not be able to play it. Maybe I'll have to seek it out on Ebay and add it to my basement Blasteroids.
No comments:
Post a Comment