Monday, December 22, 2008

FAN: Who Would Play Fan?




Well, the options aren't good. "You look like Brad Pitt" is something I'm not used to hearing. They say everyone resembles a celebrity, but I can't think of one that I really look like. I've only ever been told I look like three people and I don't think I look like any of them. When Tom Green had his own show, someone said I looked like him. I don't think so. Then, someone I used to work with said I reminded her of Jeff Goldblum. When people who overheard her disagreed with her, she switched her tune to that I sounded like him and carried myself like him.....whatever that means. Lastly, and I'll never forget this, at either my daughter's first or second birthday party an old neighbor's daughter who was about 15 at the time told me that I looked like some dude in 98 Degrees....one of those "boy bands" that contained Nick and Drew Lachey. Quite an ego boost when a high school girl tells you that you look like a member of 98 Degrees at the advanced age of 32. Later that day when I looked up pictures of the band, my ego deflated like a balloon when I saw that the band contained 3 strapping young good-looking dudes and one geeky looking skinny dude. I've actually seen a picture of him before (Justin Jeffre) where I could have sent it to people as my own and it would have passed....but it was only that one and I can't find it. He was wearing a hockey jersey....maybe a Ranger's one. Still Moor, no references to MC Hammer please!!!!

15 comments:

Still A. While said...

Maybe if you meshed them all together........maybe.
You should ask Mrs. Fan to get the true answer.
At least people think you look like someone.
The only time someone told me I resembled someone it was the chick on the St. Paulie's Girl beer bottle. Nice.

Still A. While said...

Oh, and by the way I look NOTHING like her. I wish I did.
But I dont.
Some guy was just trying to score.........probably one of Fan's friends.

Anonymous said...

Awww...you left out where I said you were a white Martin Lawrence

Still A. Fan said...

COWBELL, i thought it was MC Hammer, but you're right, it was Martin.

WHILE, i think you should post the rest of your beach photos...... ;)

Still A. While said...

No beach photos for me.
No way.
I wouldn't want to ruin anybodys Christmas dinner.
But speaking of that...hey Dog ...whatcha having for Christmas dinner.
I bought a tavern ham, anybody ever hear of that. I hope it is good since I never had it before.

Still A. Fan said...

just dont ask him what he has for thanksgiving.....NSFW

Anonymous said...

proof!
http://home.comcast.net/~kevinmoor/ToddMartin.JPG

stilladog said...

Jeff Goldblum is good for you Fan. And if you were black, you'd be Jimmy "Kid Dyn-o-mite" Walker not Martin Lawrence anyway.

As for my Christmas dinner, I am at the mercy of what ingredients my family has waiting for me in Texas when I arrive there tomorrow evening. They do expect me to cook however.

So I've requested the ingredients to prepare a ham. I use a recipe I got from a Negro Baptist Church in Baltimore City. Actually I got it from their music director so I named it after him: Laytee's Glazed Ham.

Basically you get a big ole bone-in ham. Once you trim some fat, you coat it with all kinds of sweetness including such varied ingredients as pineapple juice, Coca-Cola, honey, cherry juice, and maple syrup. You stick some sliced pinapples, marachino cherries and whole cloves all over it and stick it in the oven. A couple hours later you take it out and watch your family go crazy.

Mrs. Dog will be preparing her famous garlic mashed potatoes. Other than that I can't say what we'll have. But once I got the meat and potatoes I don't care about the rest anyway.

Far as I know, a tavern ham is boneless. It's marketed as a low-sodium, low-fat alternative. It's often sold at delis and sliced for sandwiches. Never really had one. I figure if you're worried about sodium and fat you probably shouldn't be eating ham anyway. So I'm going to stick with my bone-in and cook it myself. The ultimate would be a good Virginia smoke cured ham. Those simply cannot be beat.

Still A. Fan said...

bell....that's a low blow. you're lucky it's christmas.

Anonymous said...

Dog - I like your ideas for ham! I buy a spiral cut one and alternate brown sugar and maple syrup between the slices. But some honey might be good too...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and as for who would play you, I don't have any better suggestions either, although a white Jimmy Walker is pretty close...

Still A. Fan said...

http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_bv/jimmy-walker-then-now-335a-042007.jpg

what planet are you people on? just because a looney great uncle once thought i did a good imitation of DYNOMITE does not mean i look anything like the dude. I also weighed 88 pounds at the time those comparisons were made. thinking the pictures i just posted look any thing at all like this lunatic is absurd.

Still A. While said...

Trying a new ham recipe - calls for bourbon among other things.
If the ham is crappy I will just drink the rest of the bourbon.

stilladog said...

The only recipe I use bourbon for is a grilled salmon one.

Please tell Fan he looks "cute." His uncle loved him dearly and was very amused by his "JJ" impressions as a child. He was not looney.

Still A. Fan said...

i was referring to "Chick". I would never call anyone on my Dad's side of the family looney!