
Mrs. Fan gave me "Too Fat To Fish" by Artie Lange for Christmas. It's a great book, especially if you're a Stern listener. There are stories in the book that I've never heard before and a few that are expanded on. I finished it this morning after just starting it Tuesday, but what a weird coincidence I had reading it on the couch today. I just found out a few hours earlier that John Travolta's son, Jett, had died. He was 16. Near the end of Artie's book, he tells a story about what a huge ass pain Jett's mother, Kelly Preston, was on the set of Jerry Maguire. Artie had a chance meeting with Jett, then 4, while passing baseball on the lot. I think I read one time in the past that Zuko had a kid named Jett....now, all within the same morning, I read of his death and of him as a kid on a movie set. Weird. Weird. Just plain weird..............
1 comment:
Ahhh! I had the same thing. I got it for K, but I'm reading it ahead of him. I have about 2 more chapters. It is a GREAT book. I heard about Jett's death and then read about Artie's interaction with him the very next morning. Very weird.
Even weirder was a used book (Nelson DeMille's The Lion's Den) I bough over Labor Day a number of years ago. I picked it up one morning when I was an early riser to read the first chapter over breakfast. I read the first chapter, closed it and though "Gee, a terrorist on a planeful of people. This can't be good." You guessed it...that was the morning of Sept 11th, just a few hours before it all hit the fan. Scary. I had to put the book away for a few weeks before I could continue.
Post a Comment