Sunday, January 11, 2009

FAN: Steelers Explode on Chargers




Not many random musings. Not sure about the fake punt, but I really think Tomlin thought the defense was playing at the top of their game at the time. However, if that's true, why not punt and really pin them back. The last 10 minutes of the game are meaningless on defense. I don't care what happened, the game was over. Once they got started, Ben was decisive and sharp....and strong. Simply the best Willie Parker has looked this season. I'm not sure he had a negative carry? This was a great team victory...defense, offense and special teams. I'm a little hungry. Hmmmm, anyone for some roasted raven? Mrs. Fan bought me the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe for Christmas. I think I'll wait until after next Sunday to start reading it.

3 comments:

stilladog said...

A couple requests:

Can we wear the throwback uniforms and yellow helmets next week? I know for a fact the Ravens fear the yellow helmets.

Can Hank Williams Jr. please sing the national anthem at next week's game? If not, can we please buy him a seat? We never lose when Bocephus is in the house.

Still A. While said...

Steel crushes Birds - no matter if it be Shitbirds, Suckbirds or Stupidbirds.

Anonymous said...

Wow, a solid performance on all fronts:-) The rest week did wonders for us. I told ya Willie needed one good run to get out of his slump and luckily we were playing the Browns in the final regular season game so he got it! Willie was running hard! Our offensive line was amazing and Ben played the exact type of game we hope he could play every single week. Having the running game back takes so much pressure off of Ben! The most incredible thing about this game to me? The play calling! I loved the mixing up of run and pass, and I even loved the trick plays and gambles even if they didn't work every time. Davis would've scored the TD if he hadn't have bobbled the ball! Kudos to Bruce Arians. Did I just say that? LOL Also loved Woodley's slamming of Rivers! Bring on the Ravens!!