Sunday, June 21, 2009
FAN: Father's Day
I've had a whirlwind 24 hours with Steel A Stroke. Last night we went to her school's carnival for 3.5 hours. Ate well, gambled a little and won a lot of stuffed animals. I won two decent sized offerings on my first two games....even dunked a girl at the dunk tank.....twice in six throws. This morning, I woke up at 5:30, decided the weather wasn't good enough for my normal Sunday run at the lake so I was getting in some good web time until breakfast. Mrs. Fan and Stroke made me stuffed French toast. It was two slices with cream cheese and blackberry jam on the inside with whipped cream, blackberries and raspberries on top. Wow, was it good! Since it was overcast with no sun beating down Stroke and I went to the kind of local outdoor farmer's / flea market. She added a nutcracker to her collection and I picked up several cds - nothing for more than $3 and 2 of them were only $1 each. We also bought fresh candy and caramel apples for lunch dessert. New to the music collection thanks to 4 different vendors are: Frank Sinatra 1953-1960, KISS my ASS (KISS Tribute cd), Rod Stewart Unplugged and Seated, Sarah McLauchlan Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (more for Mrs. Fan), The Clash The Singles ($1), Pearl Jam Live On Two Legs and The Who Quadrophenia. Not a bad day and it's only 11 AM. Next we brought burgers and fries home for lunch as we were gone longer than expected. After watching a movie together (and falling asleep for the last 20 minutes) we decided to go work out together. Stroke and I ran two miles and then did some plyometrics. Came home, took a shower and was then treated to one of my favorite meals....ribs, coleslaw, mac-n-cheese and watermellon. Later tonight after a few lazy hours we had dessert which was a cream pie with blueberries and blackberries in it. Talked to Still A Dad a while and buried myself on the couch to watch True Blood. The day kind of revolved around food but I've been dropping pounds like crazy. After weighing in at 201 on New Years Day, I'm now down to 184. Can't think of anything that could of made the day better...unless that's waiting for me upstairs.
Labels:
Slanted Pack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, were Sambo's Snow Balls waiting for you upstairs??
I was waiting for someone to ask. Sadly the answer is NO.
Post a Comment