Monday, June 15, 2009

FAN: More Cheap Music

Still A Stroke and I got up early on Saturday AM and went to some local yard sales, a Strawberry Festival slash flea market and a used book and music shop. I added five more disks to my collection and was extremely happy with my haul. Picked up at a really crappy yard sale were three AC-DCs that I never owned. High voltage, Let There Be Rock and BallBreaker were all picked up for $1 each. At the used store I added two Cure cds for $5 each....Wild Mood Swings and the UK compilation Japanese Whispers. Then, to my pleasant surprise, I noticed all were worth $3 on secondspin.com so I paid $13, ripped them all, then sold them to secondspin for $15 minus whatever they might deduct. Sweet deal.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

5 comments:

still a cowbell said...

http://mysterytracks.blogspot.com/search/label/AC%2FDC

Still A. Fan said...

Yes I've used some blogs as well but there is some sort of enjoyment I get from paging thru dusty cds in a shoebox to see what could be next.

stilladog said...

I heard at the Dog House they got the entire AC/DC discography. And lots more...

So if you want to go to the flea markets or yard sales and shop for antiques or Chinese wrenches that's cool. Or if you want to generate some secondary income on the used CD market, that's cool too.

But if you want "more cheap music" you are barking at the wrong squirrel.

Still A. Fan said...

but technically....i got PAID to buy and rip those cds. now, if you want to pay me to drive down and plug in....we can talk dates.

stilladog said...

If it has to be about the money, we won't keep the light on for you like Motel 6 then.

Besides, there's no plugging in where there's no computer.