
After several weeks of downtime on my computer about a month ago, I thought I was home free with my operating system restored, my anti-virus updated, my core applications up and running. I was back to posting the occasional story and commenting on Fan's posts again.
But Friday night they struck. After returning home from dinner I decided to reply to an email I had read earlier. I booted up the computer and... beeeeep beep beep beep and then from inside the tower a nasty growl. And the computer stopped (except for the growling).
It did not even attempt to load the operating system. I figured, RAM malfunction. Bad memory card or something. So I shut it down and tried again. Same result. Let it sit until Saturday morning. Same result.
On Sunday I tore the damn thing apart and what did I find? Dust Bunnies had attacked my memory card with a vengeance. There was so much dirt and dust in and around the card connection that the memory wasn't even being recognized!!
So out to the garage I went to find my trusty can of "Clean Blow" stolen from the company I worked for in 1989 (and once almost endorsed by Ron Jeremy). So, armed with my "Clean Blow" I huffed and puffed and blew them nasty Dust Bunnies clean into the next county. I rebooted and everything is cool.
The moral of the story is: If your computer won't boot up. Blow the Bunnies away and try again. Might save you the 2 grand for a new computer... which Mrs. Dog was just a click or two away from when the recovery was completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment