On a day when my Volleyball Team lead out of the gate and never looked back for their second consecutive win, the Steelers lead out of the gate and then couldn't hold on. I don't have many comments for this one. I'll throw out what I chose to remember.
Rashard Mendenhall now has one good run in his pro career. Without that run, I would screaming to end the experiment. Even on his good run he kept looking at the defender instead of just running full tilt.
Ben threw a lot of balls low today. Was it the rain?
Mendenhall's run looked like a clip from 1974 with Franco running that same play.
Holmes had three catchable balls hit the turf today....one that could have changed the outcome late. If he snares that ball, Reed doesn't have to be the goat.
I say Reed blew it, and he did today...but even if he hits one of those two, it would have only tied and they still could have lost. Think about it though - when was the last time Reed missed multiples and we lost by 3? It doesn't happen very often.
It looks like we'll be content to throw a lot of balls to our receivers at the line of scrimmage instead of running 30 times a game.
Heath Miller has no moves. Catch the ball and run North my friend. One yard is better than your Randle El impersonation. Still, he is so money.
Farrior missed a sack by being a little out of control.
Carter is thugalicious.
5 comments:
Paper towel dispenser karma.
I could forgive one but not 2!
He better not miss any for the rest of the season.
Looks like Skippy wont get getting laid tonight unless it is with a Chicago Bears fan.
But hey, New England lost.
Yesssssssssssss!
While, it is YOU who is money! I had my old boss (a Chicago born Bears fan) call me after the game and ask me what happened.
My response? We need to get Reed a BJ. When he's smilin' he makes every kick. He did not look happy yesterday.
I didn't see much of the game on Red Zone and given the final outcome it might be the last time I watch a Stiller game on there. Here's what I saw.
Ben overthrow a wide open Wallace for a sure TD.
Mendenhall bust one for 39 yards only to be caught from behind.
Farrior miss a sack.
Skippy miss two FGs.
Every scoring play.
I can't offer much in the way of analysis. Didn't see enough. I did see Willie Colon completely blast Oleyende off the line on Mendenhall's run. Otherwise I don't know if my pre-game article had any validity or not. I presume Keisel did not come through.
Sorry I meant Ben underthrew Wallace and that ball was picked.
Reed has won us tons of games. I can forgive him for one shitty performance. I'd be scared if we were playing perfect right now. It's too early in the season. This loss doesn't bother me much except that it was to Cutler and he's such a wuss;(
There were some bright spots. Good to see at least some sort of rushing game get going and for Mendenhall to have the long run. Our O-line did pretty well too. Our D worries me though. Is it age? Missing Troy? Or that Cutler was on fire? Cutler is a good QB when he gets hot but we couldn't stop their rookie WR. We definitely miss Troy's presence already. You are gonna see every team go pass crazy on us from now on. My hope is that we can win the upcoming easy games we're expected to and then get Troy back and go on a run. BTW, great call with the Ben TD run yesterday.
@ Jet: The problem with the D was the lack of an effective pass rush. Again, I didn't see all that much of the game but I saw enough to observe that no matter how many blitzers LeBeau threw at the Bears it was never enough. Day late and a dollar short, so to speak.
Our whole defensive scheme is predicated on a vicious pass rush. If it isn't there, we're going to struggle.
Post a Comment