
Ya know, I blame the networks when as a family we're watching a television show at 8 pm and they run a commercial for a rated 'R' horror movie. I can't stand it. Just what a 10 year old girl needs to see before going to bed. Heck, just what a 41-year-old chicken man needs to see before he goes to bed! Safe to say that when I notice it, we are watching something that can appeal to many age groups. Deal Or No Deal used to do it. American Ido used to do it.
Well tonight, at 8:30 pm, right smack dab in the middle of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer in the Philly area on CBS....they do a 15 second local news teaser after the commercials where the girl says and I quote...ahem...."Tonight at 11, the gruesome story of a 100-year-old woman who was strangled and the surprising suspect...".
It's closing in on Christmas, the girls baked Christmas cookies today, we're sitting on the couch enjoying Bumble and the Elf Boss and Charlie in the Box....and then BAM!...Lucy has some 'splainin' to do. "Yes, honey, there are terrible people in this world who do not respect life one little single bit. What's that? No honey, Daddy doesn't know why anybody would strangle a 100-year-old lady." All the while in the back of my head I'm thinking I can't wait until she's a little older - how much older I'm not sure - but old enough to hear what her old man really thinks about the piece of low life scumbag shitstain animal that did this.
Back to the real topic though...why, WHY did the network have to use that for a teaser while Rudolph was on? Is there not a Producer of some sort that makes these calls or looks to see what's on before running with a teaser? Are we that desensitised that kids aren't supposed to blink when they hear a fragile old woman was strangled? What's wrong with people? I don't want her to hear that one 30-year-old man strangled another 30-year-old man in a bar fight, let alone have her contemplate the senseless killing of some family's matriarch.
Like Dennis Leary says....Have a Merry Effing Christmas.
3 comments:
Well, did you hear who dunnit? It was the 98-year-old roommate at the nursing home. Seriously. Local case up here.
I hear she had it coming.
Anywho... isn't amazing that if .3 seconds of a tit shows up during halftime of the Super Bowl there are inquiries and blacklists and general freaking out. But all the commercials for the NFL can be of the most violent video games and movies, not to mention male enhancement drugs.
It's amazing what we freak out about and what we become numb to.
Hope you voiced a complaint. Local stations take small numbers of complainers much more seriously than the network people do.
That's right. The 98 year-old killed the 100 year-old because one of them wanted to watch Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer for the graphic R rated commercials and the other one wanted to watch Frosty the Snowman because it was sponsored by Lamasil and she had jock itch!
Apparently ther was an on-going fued between the two over the spinach and sprouts at the Nursing Home salad bar causing bad blood that spilled over into their semi-private room.
Post a Comment