Swagga. Ike Taylor......Swagga. Hey Ike, you're supposed to be able to stop the most dangerous receivers in the league. Maybe that doesn't include bush-league players. I'm so disappointed. Not mad, disappointed. We now need to win out and most likely get help from other teams. Unleash Hell? Did Mike Tomlin really say that? We're going to unleash Hell in December? We're just not that good on defense right now. It's sickening. When William Gay went down and they surrounded him on the field, I thought it was like a YouTube fight video and the other Steelers were kicking him out of view of the cameras. I could care less about the call on Mundy. We were going to lose regardless. The only way to not lose is to take the lead with about 3 seconds left on the clock. I was almost positive that Tomlin wouldn't let the team respond this way this year. I was wrong. Can they make the playoffs? I don't know. They can get hot and win out, but Geez who wants to go at it as the sixth seed again after winning it all last year? I say the second they are mathematically eliminated, lose out and draft a DB. We have to draft a DB. I'll scream bloody murder if they don't draft a corner because William Gay is not an NFL corner, I'm sorry. Also, how freaking appropriate that Sweed got his hands on the Hail Mary at the end of the game.
Sunday, December 06, 2009
FAN: NFL Draft Is Four Months Away
Swagga. Ike Taylor......Swagga. Hey Ike, you're supposed to be able to stop the most dangerous receivers in the league. Maybe that doesn't include bush-league players. I'm so disappointed. Not mad, disappointed. We now need to win out and most likely get help from other teams. Unleash Hell? Did Mike Tomlin really say that? We're going to unleash Hell in December? We're just not that good on defense right now. It's sickening. When William Gay went down and they surrounded him on the field, I thought it was like a YouTube fight video and the other Steelers were kicking him out of view of the cameras. I could care less about the call on Mundy. We were going to lose regardless. The only way to not lose is to take the lead with about 3 seconds left on the clock. I was almost positive that Tomlin wouldn't let the team respond this way this year. I was wrong. Can they make the playoffs? I don't know. They can get hot and win out, but Geez who wants to go at it as the sixth seed again after winning it all last year? I say the second they are mathematically eliminated, lose out and draft a DB. We have to draft a DB. I'll scream bloody murder if they don't draft a corner because William Gay is not an NFL corner, I'm sorry. Also, how freaking appropriate that Sweed got his hands on the Hail Mary at the end of the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Remember: you can't stop Bruce Gradkowski; you can only hope to contain him.
Hines already called the "time of death" on this season. It was win this week or no playoffs. I think he was right.
I told my wife to adjust her expectations. Winning Super Bowls is only an every OTHER year kind of thing. We need to get better. We need to get hungry. (Okay, not Ben. He needs to push away from the table.)
Wait 'til next year.
Lets sit back and take a look at the entire situation.
1. I have not necessarily bought into Tomlin. One could argue that he's been coasting along with Cowher's team and it's starting to fall apart.
2. To defend Tomlin, his coaching staff is certainly not impressive (but one could argue it is still his responsibility)
3. Win out or not, we are not playing against any other playoff contenders -- season over.
4. Mr. Rooney should think about gaining control over his team instead of spending time in Ireland. I know I'm taking a shot here, but things tended to run more smoothly when the Steelers were his primary focus.
5. We are now heading into an era where we are in trouble. Age is going to become a huge issue with our team. It would appear that our depth isn't as great as we all thought. We only have so many rounds in the draft.
Just my thoughts :-(
I see greater need areas than DB.
The D-Line needs a lot of help. Injuries & age are not good there.
The O-line needs help too.
It all starts on the line...
I think the OL age is good. They look better now than at the beginning of the year for sure. Hood will play next year but I would absolutely be taking DLs in rounds 2 and maybe 3 as well! I still see a corner as our biggest need right now other than Offensive Coordinator and Special Teams coach.
Agree on draft needs, depending on who's available:
1) Corner
2) DL
3) Backup QB/future starter
4) OL
Even though pro football season is over, I will not debate draft choices just yet. I realize we're not mathematically eliminated. But if any of you watched that team yesterday and think it is even remotely an NFL playoff team send me whatever you're smokin'.
I will have more to say about yesterday and the state of the Stillers in an upcoming post soon. Which is to say, as soon as I have time to cool down and organize my many thoughts as to what is wrong with this team. And then present them in an analytical fashion... and find some appropriate graphics to accompany the story.
You want pictures to describe oe enhance your points for this team? That's easy dude...go to www.ratemypooh.com
Speaking of graphics, where did you find a picture if Ike with eye black under only one eye? No wonder the poor son-of-a-bitch can't catch the ball, he can only see out of one eye!!!
Also, does anybody else think that Ryan Mundy's hit on Wil.I.Am Gay constitutes gay bashing??
Post a Comment