Monday, April 05, 2010
FAN: Bulger Is Available
Well, for everyone saying we may need a bridge if something happens to Ben's legal situation - Marc Bulger was released by the Rams today. Not sure he'd do any better than Batch since Bath has been in the system forever, but he has more skill than Batch. He certainly would do better with a veteran team than Dennis Dixon even though DD looked promising last year. The good news is that I don't think any charges will even be brought against Ben. Maybe a civil case, but no criminal. Anyway, any thoughts on Bulger being Steeler if the price is right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Bulger is a Pittsburgh native just like Batch. And he's a West Virginia Mountaineer which elevates him on my list right off the bat. And I've always liked him.
But he got the living shit beat out of him the last few years in St. Louis. And at this stage I think he's a bit gun-shy (justifiably so) and also injury prone, once again, same as Batch.
Not sure how much either Homestead Charlie or Marc Bulger have left in their respective tanks. No harm in signing him in an uncapped year and let him try out for a roster spot fair and square in Latrobe... unless Byron Leftwich appears on the horizon riding a white horse in the next couple months.
We dont need another easy breaking QB. Bulger gets hurt as much as Charlie. His sisters were tougher.
He's a Central Catholic kid and would be a great story, but I'm afraid he's damaged goods. Has dealt with concussion problems that don't go away. In his last three seasons, he threw 27 TDs and 34 Ints. Yikes.
I say, Ben won't miss time this year unless they charge him. Go with DD and draft a QB to begin grooming.
Post a Comment