Jeff Hartings is due to make more than $4 million dollars this year. I'm sorry to say it won't happen in a Steelers uniform. What I am happy about, though, is that Jeff Hartings will still be your opening day starter for the Steelers. I'll bet my foosball table that Hartings will be a good citizen and work with the Steelers front office to make more cap room available to sign free agents. This will probably be Hartings last year in the league. He has bad knees and a Super Bowl ring - not to mention millions of dollars in the bank. I think he will restructure and they will try to give a backup some playing time during the season. They will definitely draft a center and they already signed a FA center and assigned him to NFL Europe. Chucki Okobi will be playing for his career in the preseason. He is due to make $2 million because the front office probably thought he would be starting this year. The only way Okobi starts this year is if Hartings refuses to restructure and gets cut. I just don't see the Steelers paying a guy his age $4 million plus this year. I just don't. Note to Jeff: Please restructure! We want you around! We've not only had stability at head coach, but we've had it at the center position also. From Ray Mansfield to Mike Webster to Dermonti Dawson to Jeff Hartings to.....? I don't want the answer to that question until 2007.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Hartings Will Renegotiate...Or Else
Jeff Hartings is due to make more than $4 million dollars this year. I'm sorry to say it won't happen in a Steelers uniform. What I am happy about, though, is that Jeff Hartings will still be your opening day starter for the Steelers. I'll bet my foosball table that Hartings will be a good citizen and work with the Steelers front office to make more cap room available to sign free agents. This will probably be Hartings last year in the league. He has bad knees and a Super Bowl ring - not to mention millions of dollars in the bank. I think he will restructure and they will try to give a backup some playing time during the season. They will definitely draft a center and they already signed a FA center and assigned him to NFL Europe. Chucki Okobi will be playing for his career in the preseason. He is due to make $2 million because the front office probably thought he would be starting this year. The only way Okobi starts this year is if Hartings refuses to restructure and gets cut. I just don't see the Steelers paying a guy his age $4 million plus this year. I just don't. Note to Jeff: Please restructure! We want you around! We've not only had stability at head coach, but we've had it at the center position also. From Ray Mansfield to Mike Webster to Dermonti Dawson to Jeff Hartings to.....? I don't want the answer to that question until 2007.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment