
Wow. The website Perfect10.com has a pretty crafty marketing team. Who is Perfect10.com? Probably a website that got a few million hits today, thanks to their crack efforts. Perfect10.com is a porn site offering (for subscription fees) nude photos and videos of "all natural" women. I went to the site to do a little......research after reading what I read this morning. I'm sure everyone is familiar with Google's image search. I use it all the time. There are a ton of practical reasons to use it. Since Perfect10.com has images on it that get scanned and indexed by the google bot - the photos are showing up as thumbnails on Google search results screens when the photo name matches the search criteria (of which we won't mention here). They are suing Google (and a case against Amazon is being put together) for Copyright infringement. Clicking on the photo does not display the full image and the url shown is for the Perfect10.com website. Google is helping to drive business to them with organic search results. Yes, I know organic closely resembles a popular porn term, but in the world of Search Engine Optimization (which I happen to know a little about) - it means natural results....not paid for....exactly like what they are claiming about their girls. Why oh why would they want to bite the hand that potentially feeds them clicks? Simple, so everyone who reads the tech news will go their website and potentially sign up. This seems silly to me since Google isn't actually printing the image or even hosting it - they are merely pointing to it and showing you that the image is at their (P10) website. This is a silly case being used as a marketing ploy and it is costing us tax dollars. Now, if Perfect10.com would like to give me a membership for life, maybe I'll see it another way........ DO NOT CLOSE THIS STORY AND HUSTLE OVER THERE TO CHECK IT OUT! No good freebies and a 3 day membership is $2.95. Giving them more traffic will only encourage them.
No comments:
Post a Comment